Need to know how to clean an oven? Well, you are in the right place. This is a job that so many of us put off for as long as we can get away with it. The problem with that is that when you finally do have to get your hands dirty, it’s even worse! More grime, more baked on food, not to mention that you’ve had to put up with a smoke filled kitchen the last couple of times you cooked!
Not to worry, we’ll give you some easy-to-follow instructions for next time and tips about the best products to use…
Why You Need To Know How To Clean An Oven
Knowing how to clean an oven isn’t important just to keep it looking nice and your kitchen free of the aforementioned smoke, there are many more reasons…
This has to be the most important reason. It is much safer to cook in a clean oven compared to a dirty oven. Grease, grime and food debris present a significantly higher fire risk and when spills on the inside begin to burn they can generate potentially harmful fumes and smoke.
In a clean oven, heat is distributed evenly and efficiently, with less energy needed. This is particularly good news with the current price of energy bills and the cost of living crisis. As well as this, when your oven door is nice and clear, you can look in on your cooking to check things are progressing nicely, without letting the heat out by opening the door.
The evenly distributed heat, and not having to open the door, can result in tastier food – especially when it comes to baking. Anyone who likes making cakes knows that uneven temperatures can ruin things! As well as this, in a dirty oven you have the risk of contaminating what you are currently cooking with what you had for dinner last night. Blueberry muffins with a hint of roast beef anyone? No thanks!
The final reason why it is important to know how to clean an oven is because this will increase its longevity. To reiterate, a dirty oven is less efficient, which means it is always working extra hard to keep itself up to temperature. All this effort will result in your oven breaking down sooner than it should.
How To Clean An Oven
So, now we know why you need to keep your oven clean, it’s onto the how. Simply follow these simple steps:
- Gather your cleaning materials – We’d recommend Powder Pro Multi Surface Cleaning Powder & Stain Remover, Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish, Microfibre Blue Cloths. You can get all of these together (and at a discount) in a handy Quean Clean kit, and don’t forget a scrubbing brush.
- Remove your oven racks and set them in boiling water to soak.
- Apply Powder Pro thoroughly to the inside of the oven.
- Leave for a few hours.
- Grab the scrubbing brush and your Powder Pro and remove grime and stains from your oven racks – the hot water and tough product will make this easy!
- Using a damp cloth, clean off the inside of the oven. Avoid using a scouring pad, this can cause damage, plus it will be unnecessary as Powder Pro will have done the tough part!
- Use Powder Pro and a damp cloth to clean the outside of the glass door, extractor hood and to give the knobs and hob a wipe down.
- Apply Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish where appropriate (extractor hood, handles etc…)
- Buff the outside to a shine with your Microfibre Blue Cloths.
And there you have it, you now know how to clean an oven. The only thing left to do is order your products!
Shop Our Collection
If you have not used our products before, why not head over to our YouTube channel to check out some of our five-star reviews?!