Quartz worktops are hugely popular, however, they are also a considerable investment and can, when not looked after correctly, lose the qualities that attracted you to them in the first place. Let’s look at their pros and cons and how, if you choose them, you can ensure that you love them for years to come!
The Pros And Cons Of Quartz Worktops
Quartz is a natural mineral composed of silicon and oxygen, and the most abundant mineral on Earth. Quartz worktops are created by grinding natural quartz into dust and combining it with other natural and synthetic materials, such as polymers, resins, and pigments. Quartz makes up approximately 90% of the final product, while other materials contribute just 10%.
– Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yet we find it difficult to believe that there are many people out there who would not appreciate the classic beauty of this material.
– You don’t need to worry much about chips, scratches and chips due to the strength of quartz. Our specialised products
also leave a protective coating, which will keep your worktops even safer and even prevent staining!
– Due to the quality of this material, you should expect to be given a fantastic, long-term warranty!
– Quartz comes in a wide range of different colours, which means that you can find the right shade to accent your kitchen perfectly.
– Whilst quartz worktops offer versatility, they also promise consistency. Thanks to the mixture of raw and synthetic materials, manufacturers can ensure that each piece looks the same.
– Porous materials can be hard to clean, harbouring potentially dangerous germs and bacteria in their pores (unless you use our Powder Pro Multi-Surface Cleaning Powder
, which kills 99.9% of germs without any bleach or other harsh chemicals). Non-porous materials are easier to keep sanitary.
– Installing these worktops is difficult and requires skilled professionals to level, measure, and fix the slabs.
– All the above pros come at a price… the actual cost! However, they are a stunning investment and can increase the value of your property
– The significant weight of these worktops is one of the reasons that they need to be professionally installed and you must also ensure that they are properly supported.
– If installed outside, these worktops are highly vulnerable to sun damage, so make sure to only install them indoors where they are safe!
How To Care For Your Quartz Worktops
After reading through these pros and cons, do you think these worktops are the right choice for you? We believe that this beautiful, quality material truly brings the ‘wow factor’ to any home.
However, if you do choose this luxury material, you need to ensure that you care for it using the right products. Low-budget options may save you money in the short term, but in the long run, the damage that they can do can cost you a huge amount! Learn more about this from our recent blog
If you would like to know how to properly care for your quartz worktops, simply head over to our product page
for information and direction on how to use our quartz cleaner. Here, you can also read our 5-star reviews!
Purchase The Right Cleaning Products
If you have invested in luxury worktops, make sure that you are using the right cleaning products in order to maintain their natural lustre and avoid causing damage. Our range includes a variety of products, covering a number of different materials including Granite
, Stainless Steel
If you would like to hear from our satisfied customers, please head over to our YouTube channel